Acoesis is looking for a full-time or part-time hardware designer, to work in team with the CTO and our supply chain. The goal is to bring our hardware technology to a step further, towards the highest standards of wearability, ergonomics, efficiency and surface/cost ratio. Design experience with embedded systems and microcontrollers is highly recommended. Operational experience with firmware development and industrial supply chains are a plus. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that loves the dynamic environment of a start-up, but sticks to standards in terms of timing, organization and certification needs.
The designer will:
• Refine the hardware design of the current products
• Set a creative trajectory for the design of future products
• Co-design the firmware specifications
• Co-organize the supply-chain
Candidates should have a degree in Electronic or Computer Science Engineering.
The following skills are required:
• Deep knowledge in embedded architectures based on DSP+ARM SOC (STM32)
• Experience with wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy)
• Programming languages: C, C++ languages
• Strong knowledge in EDA tools (OrCad, Spice, Pads)
• Ability to digitally maintain and share projects with current versioning systems
Experience with industrial supply chains (setting hardware specifications, bill of materials, testing procedures to plug into the supply chain, choosing pre-series and series of prototypes and products) is desirable but not compulsory. Experience with audio codecs (lossless and lossy, MPEG audio, ITU standards) is a plus.
CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The contract is funded by Acoesis. The work activities will mainly take place in our operational site in Genoa, in the new laboratories of the Genova Erzelli Science and Technology Park. http://www.great-campus.it/en/ Interested applicants should submit, in electronic form:
– CV with experience and qualifications
– Statement of interest and plans